Ultimate Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is super moist, chocolaty and will bring back all of your chocolate obsessed childhood memories. It is great to make and have for parties or family gatherings and looks and tastes great without too much effort in its making.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup of cacao powder
- 2 tea spoons of baking powder
- 1 an 1/2 tea spoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup of apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 large Avocados
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 2 tea spoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- measuring cups
- tea spoon
- 2 x large bowls
- 2 x 9 inch cake tins
- hand mixer
- sharp knife
1. Pre-heat the oven to 270 degrees celcius
2. Grease 2 9 inch cake pans with coconut oil
3. Measure 1 cup of amlond milk and add tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, stir lightly and set aside
4. in a large bowl add the flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder and baking soda and whisk well to combine.
5. Now add the oil, apple sauce, vanilla and almond milk/vinegar mixture and mix on medium speed with a handheld mixer until well combined.
6. Lower the speed and pour in the boiling water continuing to mix the batter until well combined. (batter will seem very runny at this point but that is how it should appear)
7.Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes int he oven
8. Allow to cool before frosting.
9. For the frosting, mix all ingredients listed above with a hand mixer until fluffy and set in the fridge until ready to use.
10. Add the layers of frosting and cake together and enjoy.